Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2014

February

"A goal is a dream with a deadline." Napolean Hill 

Time flies. It's already February. Chinese New Year is around the corner.
I have been asked numerously time "are you coming back for CNY?" sadly my answer is No, well I will try very hard to make it for next year.



That was something I wrote a year ago and as promised I will be going home for the celebration this year, I made it! It feels like a déjà vu, except I planned for it and feels magnificent about making it happen. Being able to stick with my goal especially this one make me happy for a long while.

Most people I know spent a lot of effort 'cooking' towards their goal or goals (depending how much you could take at once). To achieve bigger goals we are looking at strict discipline, setting priorities, staying focus, and at the same time able to say no to temptations and distractions.

Temptations are always around, I find short term enjoyment and fun are the hardest to resist, the evil little voice will tell you to take a break, reward yourselves, you deserve it. At the time it might seems like a better offer but the next thing you find is running out of time and missing out deadlines. It does takes strong will, determination, a bit of stubbornness and a lot of consistent attention and working hours to be able to get to the point we set. With a deadline, we get the urgency of keeping up with time and being productive. Otherwise it could be a goal just for show.  

The delight of making something happen like achieving goal is beyond words. Moving on to the next goal is another key to get to the bigger goal, let others praise your achievement instead, and just smile.




No comments:

A scrap book
我的拼贴簿