Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Do it

"Whatever you do will be insignificant,  but it is very important that you do it." Mahatma Gandhi 

I was working on a sold out musical many years ago, one of my responsibilities was to cue the band at the musical pit, to make sure all musicians were presence few minutes before the show start. At that time I thought it's a too easy task for me. Then, on one of the matinees I was late and missed the beginning of the show and was unable to reach anyone on the production because there were no reception in the theatre. Later I found out the musicians were expecting to see me there even though the know it's time to start the show.

Maybe this is an unusual example but it is easy to feel what we do is mundane, repetitive and not as important as it seems. Like keeping up with the exercise, drinking enough water, making the bed every morning, saying 'hi' to colleagues in the morning, expressing our love and etc. If you zoom out and look at the bigger picture, all these little tasks do contribute to a beautiful pictures. So, do not let you mind sink into the chores mode instead be inspired and enjoy what you do to continue creating your unique picture.

No comments:

A scrap book
我的拼贴簿