Pages

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Discovering places in your city

On a Monday afternoon, I met up with a few friends for after work hours hang out. One of the girl suggested this place, Lobo Plantation. The name of the place made me suspicious and I went online to do some research before saying yes. The website turned out to be quite well designed, that kinds of ceased my worries. So I met them and we walked to the place together. There were no signage to indicate where the place is, only the street number and entrance was tucked in a corner of a building, underground. When we walked down the stairs, the scenery changed, it was a different world under there. Oh well, there must be a reason why it was voted the best bar in Sydney on Timeout.

The bar has a very quirky interior, one side of the wall at the bar was a wall paper of multiple currency notes. It was thoughtfully designed and decorated, however very welcoming.

The staff members were very attentive and friendly. The food and drinks were surprisingly tasteful. 

I had The Nepolean and we ordered a few different food items on the menu, we couldn't resist the good taste and had the crackling pork twice!


The menu design is my favourite. (see below)

Knowing a place like this in my city was fun and delightful, making my Monday evening interesting. 

Sometimes we are so consumed in our daily routine we forget there are so much out there to offer. Make a date with your friends or just yourself, walk out of the routine to enjoy and have some fun!



Just for your information, you can check out their website: thelobo.com.au

No comments:

A scrap book
我的拼贴簿