Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Write

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss

There has been no posting from me for more than a month, it got me thinking, people constantly with ideas and writing to express themselves must love to share and express their thoughts. They might even have the desire to change the world, in a big or small way. Or they have such exciting life it'd be a waste not to share.

So I ask myself, why do I write? Do I like to be read (by people I never met)? How much I have to like it to be enough to stick to writing and be discipline about the writing schedule? What do I do when I run out of ideas or there is no exciting event to share? 

There was a saying I find it quite true. If someone is making up stories or hypothesis, people will tell them: you could be a good writer with such great imagination! And bingo! It is the process of delivering story that allows the brain to work, in a logical or imaginative way, and that it fun! You could tell story whatever way you like, develop all the characters you like. 

Writing is the best way of recording knowledge, stories, experience and thoughts that come and go. It's an important tool whether you are a professional writer or just write for hobby. You could even shape your future with writing, imagining what is your perfect future and put it on paper, like signing a contract with yourself. Could be as simple as a bucket list. Of course a good writer require skills, and it could be learned! 

For me, I like playing with words, selecting the most suitable words together to create something beautiful, soothing, and resonance with the world. I believe all writer would hope their reader enjoy reading their writing, even it's just the recipe for some authentic dessert. Thank you for all the blogger who write, share and inform their knowledge and love.  

*Above picture is sourced from the web. 

No comments:

A scrap book
我的拼贴簿